Apart from the common symptoms like excessive thirst and frequent urination, below the following some others factors which signal type 2 diabetes in children.
- Increasing of appetite- A child will be constantly hungry who is normally easily sated.
- Weight loss concern- If child seems to be eating frequently, he or she start dropping pounds.
- Sugar found in urine- As the body struggles to dispose of the sugars it can’t get into the cells.
- Breath starts smelling fruity- Again, the body is struggling to excrete sugar in any way it can.
- Vision fluctuation- Diabetes can often be suspected if a child complains of blurred vision.
- Feeling tired- A child with type 2 diabetes may be sleepy or physically exhausted for no reason, because the body is expending extra energy and trying to deal with its internal crisis.
As it is said that "small changes can make a big difference". So weight loss even in a small amount can help at a great extent to prevent type 2 diabetes in children. And after this, keep maintain a healthy diet. Here are some healthy eating and exercise tips for type 2 diabetes in children.
- Limit sugar- Drink water instead of taking sweetened drinks as they add calories with little or no nutritional value.
- Eat more vegetables and fruits- Vegetables are easy to cook and fruits are easy to get without even any hard struggle. If fresh isn't available then can try frozen or canned one. They won't result bad.
- Avoid fast food- If you can't limit your fast food then make some healthier choices like grilled fruits, low fat milk, baked chips or sliced apples instead of finger chips or French fries, and ordering of kid size food, etc.
- Healthy snacks in the kitchen- You can place on the counter some healthy snacks food like carrots, grapes, plain popcorn, etc. which can easily be found there.
- Don't stick no more than 2-3 hours a day with TV, PC, Mobile Phones, or video games, etc.
- Children must need to get some exercise most days of the week for 60-90 minutes a day.
- Walking or biking rides.
- Get dance on turning up the music.
- Walking outsides like in a mall, or at a park, etc.
- Use stairs instead of the lift or elevators.